16 June 2020
Illegal Raves

Following an illegal rave in Greater Manchester over the weekend that attracted 6,000 people and resulted in violence and large-scale vandalism, Northamptonshire Police would like you to remain vigilant to spotting signs of illegal raves being planned.

To avoid these situations, the Force relies on information from the public, either to be made aware one is happening, or to be informed of suspicious activity that could indicate one is being planned.

Raves can be disruptive in terms of noise and nuisance and can be more difficult to clear once they are established, so it is vital that people let us know if they are concerned about any suspicious activity.
In the current climate with the COVID-19 restrictions in place, it is more important than ever that these events do not take place. Mass gatherings are currently banned and we are asking anyone who may be thinking of organising an event to think again about their plans.
We want to remind people, especially those in rural communities, to be alert to any suspicious activity. We can nip illegal raves in the bud and stop them taking place if we have reliable information.
Northamptonshire Police are often alerted to raves by people calling us to complain about a sudden increase in traffic and anti-social behaviour as people arrive at a venue. Empty warehouses or countryside fields are favourite venues for music events. 
In many cases, those people who are looking to set-up a rave will visit the proposed site a couple of days before the event. Therefore, if you spot any suspicious activity in your village, along a country road or around farm land please let us know.
Please call the police if you notice the following:- 

Posters or messages advertising a rave

Cropped bolts on a gate

People in cars or vans stopping to look into a field or climbing over a fence into a field

Flattened or disturbed hedgerows

Anyone acting suspiciously

Members of the public can report suspicious activity via the ‘Do it online’ button at www.northants.police.uk or by calling 101.

Click for Map
sitemap | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement